REGION OF THE YEAR WINE STAR Award
The Willamette Valley has been awarded 2016 Wine Region of the Year by Wine Enthusiast Magazine for its prestigious Wine Star Awards.
Hashtags & Links
Sample Social Media Posts
Instagram & Twitter
The #WillametteValley has come a long way in 50 years. We're honored to be named REGION OF THE YEAR @wineenthusiast! #winestar
We're thrilled to be a part of this year's @wineenthusiast Wine Region of the Year! #willamettevalley #winestar
Cheers to the other nominees & thanks to @wineenthusiast for this honor. #WillametteValley is named Region of the Year! #winestar
Region of the Year?! Thank you @wineenthusiast and congrats to our #WillametteValley comrades. #winestar #blushing
Willamette Valley wineries are all Wine Stars today. We are REGION OF THE YEAR! @wineenthusiast! #WillametteValley #winestar
Fifty years in the making. We are the @wineenthusiast REGION OF THE YEAR! #willamettevalley #winestar
Check out the December issue of @wineenthusiast magazine! The #WillametteValley has been named REGION OF THE YEAR #winestar
Please note, you can “tag” Wine Enthusiast Magazine on Facebook by typing @wine enthusiast (notice the space), then selecting “Wine Enthusiast” from the dropdown menu. Also, adding the link to the WE website will increase the reach of your post: https://www.winemag.com/gallery/wine-enthusiasts-2016-wine-star-award-winners/#gallery-carousel-10.
The Willamette Valley has come a long way in 50 years. We’re honored to be named REGION OF THE YEAR by @Wine Enthusiast (tag) Magazine. [insert link]
Fifty years in the making. We are the @wine enthusiast (tag) REGION OF THE YEAR! #willamettevalley #winestar [insert link]
The Willamette Valley has been awarded 2016 Wine Region of the Year by @wine enthusiast (tag) for its prestigious Wine Star Awards. We are honored. [insert link]
We in the Willamette Valley are humbled by our Wine Region of the Year recognition. We are all #winestars. [insert link]
Thank you @wine enthusiast (tag) for acknowledging the hard work of each and every winemaker in the Willamette Valley with this prestigious award. Region of the Year! [insert link]
We are thrilled to announce Wine Enthusiast Magazine has awarded Oregon’s Willamette Valley as its 2016 Wine Region of the Year for the annual Wine Star Awards. Other 2016 nominees included Champagne, Crete, Sonoma County, and Provence.
The Wine Star Awards are viewed as some of the most influential in the wine industry, and we are thrilled and humbled to have the hard work of Willamette Valley winemakers be recognized so prestigiously.
- Wine Enthusiast Magazine, an esteemed, internationally-recognized wine publication for oenophiles, has awarded Oregon’s Willamette Valley as its 2016 Wine Region of the Year for the annual Wine Star Awards.
- The Wine Star Awards are viewed as some of the most influential in the wine industry. Each year since 2000, the editors of Wine Enthusiast recognize and celebrate individuals, companies and regions that have made exceptional achievements and contributions in the wine world. Other 2016 nominees for Wine Region of the Year included Champagne, France; Crete, Greece; Sonoma County, California and Provence, France.
- We are humbled by this award, especially as we also acknowledge the great regions who were also nominated for Wine Region of the Year.
- This award validates all of the hard work of each and every winemaker in the Willamette Valley over the course of our 50-year history.
- Pick up a copy of the December issue of Wine Enthusiast Magazine! We in the Willamette Valley are humbled by our Wine Region of the Year recognition.
- This award validates the care given by Oregon’s grapegrowers and winemakers from vine to bottle.
- Thank you Wine Enthusiast for the Region of the Year award. Willamette Valley winemakers and winegrowers pour countless hours into honing our craft and tending to our vines to ensure every bottle of Willamette Valley is the highest quality possible.
Images and Graphics
Web Banner (make this your Facebook cover photo!) – download .JPG
Square Graphic (good for Instagram) – download .JPG
Web Banner Overlay (overlay on your own image) – download .PNG
- Post the Wine Star Award on your website, feature it on your home page, add the logo to your web banners.
- Add the trophy image or “Willamette Valley: Wine Enthusiast Region of the Year” to your email signature.
- Share the award in your email newsletter.
- Put the award on your shelf talkers, case cards, tech sheets, etc.
- Mention the award when touting your events.
- Keep the December issue of the Wine Enthusiast magazine in your tasting room.
- Send copies of the December issue of Wine Enthusiast to your distributors and vendors so they can also share the news.
- Send thank you notes to Paul Gregutt for his role in recognizing the Willamette Valley as Wine Region of the Year (will build stronger ties to Paul and the magazine for future).
- Make a sticker to put on your wine bottles.
- Promote a holiday sale in recognition of Wine Region of the Year.
- Promote online sale, flat rate or free shipping, bringing our award-winning wine region to your customers.
- Offer tasting room discounts or comp tastings for those who mention “Wine Star”.
- Print a promotional piece and insert it into club shipments.