August 12, 2018 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
J. Christopher Wines
17150 NE Hillside Dr
Newberg, OR 97132
The music festival continues its opening weekend with a bang, featuring 2018 Composer-in-Residence, Joan Tower. Aside from her well deserved stature as perhaps the most important woman in classical music, Joan has a vibrant personality and sense of humor to match – we cannot wait to celebrate the summer with her, sip some wine, and hear what she has to say about her works. Also featured on the program will be an early (and hilarious) masterpiece by Haydn and the rich complexity of Beethoven.
Program to include:
“The Joke” String Quartet, Op.33 #2 – F. Haydn
White Water, String Quartet #5 – J. Tower
String Quartet in E Minor, Op.59 #2 – L. Beethoven
Please use links below to narrow your search. A ✮ indicates wineries participating in the Willamette Cares Food Share.
- Library (older-vintage) wines available for taste and/or purchase
- Food pairings by in-house chefs, food trucks, etc.
- The winery will be debuting a new release wine.
- The winery will be showcasing seasonal Nouveau-style wines, side projects or something else that's not in their usual lineup.
- The winery has a designated activity or play area for kids and a nonalcoholic beverage option.
- The event will include a live band or singer/entertainer.