October 20, 2018 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
16800 NE Calkins Ln
Newberg, OR 97132
WILLAMETTE VALLEY V. BURGUNDY V. CALIFORNIA Presented by Sam Schmitt, CS, CWE
Pinot noir, aka “The Heartbreak Grape,” is a master of change and a regional chameleon reflecting its home turf in dramatic fashion. This “Terror of the Terroir” produces wines that range from deep, rich, muscular wines to wines that are delicate, complex, and nuanced. What it ultimately reflects its upbringing in the neighborhood it’s planted in. Six exceptional contenders meet in this challenge match representing the Willamette Valley, Burgundy, and California in a battle of the palate to show off the characteristics that makes Pinot noir among the greatest wines in the world. Join us for ring side seats and be the judge as you taste the six wines, learning what makes Pinot noir express such a wide range of personality.
Please use links below to narrow your search. A ✮ indicates wineryes participating in the Willamette Cares Food Share.
- Library (older-vintage) wines available for taste and/or purchase
- Food pairings by in-house chefs, food trucks, etc.
- The winery will be debuting a new release wine.
- The winery will be showcasing seasonal Nouveau-style wines, side projects or something else that's not in their usual lineup.
- The winery has a designated activity or play area for kids and a nonalcoholic beverage option.
- The event will include a live band or singer/entertainer.