Get your hands dirty and experience harvest!
We will put you in the shoes of a harvest intern for a beginner’s look at winemaking. Learn about what we do to capture the personality of the vintage, using traditional practices and dedication to our craft.
INTERN FOR A DAY CHECKLIST
– Learn how to properly sort freshly picked grape clusters
– Look inside of a fermenter full of grapes and learn the difference between punch-downs and pump-overs – Taste fresh-pressed juice in varying stages of fermentation
– Tour our barrel cellar to taste a few barrel samples of the 2018 vintage and learn about the barrel aging process
– Finish up with a tasting of current release wines, and experience a traditional “harvest lunch” amongst our Pinot noir barrels
This is a one-time event that will take approximately 2.5 hours.
$75 per person, all-inclusive
$65 per person for wine club members & for EARLY BIRDS (reserve by 9-22-19)
* Guests should wear warm, working clothes, as we will get dirty and a little chilly.
Wineries Participating in this event
Library Offerings - Library (older-vintage) wines available for taste and/or purchase
Food Pairings - Food pairings by in-house chefs, food trucks, etc.
New Releases - The winery will be debuting a new release wine. Special Projects - The winery will be showcasing seasonal Nouveau-style wines, side projects or something else that's not in their usual lineup.
Family-Friendly - The winery has a designated activity or play area for kids and a nonalcoholic beverage option.
Live Entertainment - The event will include a live band or singer/entertainer.