Oregon Food Bank Network
The Oregon Food Bank Network helps nearly one in five households in Oregon and Clark County, Washington fend off hunger by distributing food from a variety of sources through four Oregon Food Bank branches, 17 independent regional food banks and approximately 960 partner agencies, such as food pantries, soup kitchens and group meal sites. They work hard to ensure that the food distributed is fresh and healthy, with an increasing focus on produce.
In addition to meeting the immediate need for food, the network also has innovative programs to address food insecurity and the root causes of hunger, including:
- Nutrition and gardening education
- School-based food program
- Mobile produce distributions
- Community facilitation to build healthy and resilient local food systems
- Partnerships with health care organizations
The Willamette Cares Food Share is partnering with the food bank network to provide non-perishable food items for emergency food boxes and funds to support ongoing fresh food initiatives.