memorial weekend in the wine country
Join Willamette Valley Wineries on Memorial Day weekend to explore wine country, celebrate Oregon Wine Month, and kick off summer wine tasting season! More than 150 wineries open their doors for special events.
Hashtags & Links
Event page: www.willamettewines.com/event/memorial-weekend-in-the-wine-country/
Instagram & Twitter sample posts
Start a new tradition and #gowinetasting for Memorial Day Weekend!
It's the Willamette Valley's largest annual event… we're celebrating being awarded 2016 Wine Region of the Year… it's #oregonwinemonth. Seriously so many reasons to #gowinetasting over Memorial Day Weekend.
Be sure to tag your Instagram photos #gowinetasting so we can see your Willamette Valley wine
Mark that you're going to the Facebook event, then add our event to your winery page so that it shows up on your Facebook calendar! Follow these steps:
- Visit the event page for Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country and select “Going.”
- Click the three dots below the cover photo (far right).
- Select “Add to Page.”
- Select your winery page.
Facebook sample posts
150 wineries from Wine Enthusiast's Region of the Year are throwing open their doors. Don't miss this!
Meet some of Oregon's colorful characters and learn why our region has become the home of New World Pinot noir! Link: https://www.facebook.com/willamettewines/videos/10154383206149332/
Support your local vineyards during Oregon Wine Month, and join us for the finale: Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country!
Join us this May in celebrating our official statewide month of wine tasting, wine learning and wine loving.
Join us to celebrate Oregon Wine Month and kick off the summer wine tasting season at Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country, one of our longest-running events with more than 150 participating wineries.
Get to know the people and wines that helped make the Willamette Valley Wine Enthusiast's 2016 Wine Region of the Year! Meet some of Oregon's colorful characters and learn why our region has become the home of New World Pinot noir: VIDEO
- During Memorial Day weekend, we celebrate the freedom we are forutnate to enjoy while remembering and honoring those who have died in service to our country. We honor and thank the people who've lost their lives in the armed services and their families for their sacrifice.
- Join us on Memorial Day weekend to explore wine country, celebrate Oregon Wine Month, and kick off summer wine tasting season!
- Explore Wine Enthusiast's 2016 Wine Region of the Year.
- Visit some of the 150+ participating wineries whose doors will be open for special events.
- Taste a stunning array of the Valley's acclaimed wines, including newly-released Pinot from the lauded 2015 vintage, 2016 Pinot still in barrel, old gems from the library, fresh summer whites and rosés, and more.
- Enjoy live music and lawn games, wood fired pizza, BBQ, food carts, local food pairings… Check the event page for all the details.
- Visit some of the Valley's boutique producers that only open to the public a couple of times each year.
- Mingle in the tasting room or opt for a special seated tasting. Whether you're new to wine or an expert, there's an experience for you.
- Oregon wine flies free on Alaska Airlines, so stock up during Memorial Weekend and check your case of wine back home for free.
- Event tasting fees vary by winery.
- Request a copy of the printed Guide to Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country that includes event listings and maps.
Click to download
Contact: Emily Petterson, email@example.com
Images and Graphics
Web Banner (make this your Facebook cover photo!) – download .JPG
Square Graphic (good for Instagram) – download .JPG
Square Graphic 2 – download .JPG | download .PNG
Web Banner Overlay (overlay on your own image) – download .PNG
- Post your Memorial Weekend event on your website and feature it on your home page.
- Encourage your followers on social media to #gowinetasting – this is a fun hashtag that is also a verb, so plug it into your posts and tell your fans to come on out!
- Mention Wine Region of the Year in your emails and posts.