50th Anniversary Promotion Toolkit
2015 marks the 50th anniversary of the first Pinot noir plantings in the Willamette Valley. The WVWA will be celebrating this milestone throughout the year, and we’ve launched a PR campaign to highlight the anniversary, recognize the remarkable progress of the past half century, and look forward to the future of winegrowing in our region. We hope you'll help us tell this story.
TELL THE STORY
- Announce the anniversary to your fans and customers! Use #50WV and 50 Years website.
- Use this as content for your social media outlets—share how your winery is a part of the story.
- Incorporate the 50 Years messaging into your conversations and sales pitches about the Willamette Valley region—this is a huge milestone in our history.
- Promote it at events this year with provided materials (printed cards and buttons available from the office).
- Email the WVWA office with your 2015 event details—we’ll help you promote them! National events go on the special 50th Anniversary event map and local events go on our website calendar.
- Use the 50 Years logo for social media, website and email promotions—don’t forget to caption the image to say what we’re celebrating: 50 years since the first Pinot noir vines were planted in the Willamette Valley in 1965.
- Use hashtag #50WV and 50 Years website.
- Promote the 50 Bottles for 50 Years sweepstakes.